CHURCH OF SAN BARTOLOME
CHAPEL OF THE ROSARY. DESCRIPTION OF THE CHAPEL
The first stone of this chapel was laid on June 24, 1754. It has a barrel-vaulted entrance.
At this point it is worth looking at the pavement of the chapel. It is a mosaic from the "Mosaico Nolla" house in Valencia. It is the first high-performance ceramic manufactured in Spain. It was introduced from England by the businessman Miquel Nolla Bruixet in the mid-19th century.
If we continue entering the chapel, already in the transept, on the right wall we can see, on a gilded wooden corbel, the carving of the Infant Jesus of Prague, work of the sculptor Miquel Arcas. It was blessed on May 27, 1928 by Rafael Sitjar. Right in front of this image we can see the carving of the Miraculous, the work of Miquel Arcas, blessed on May 5, 1935. On that same side we find the large painting of the Assumption of the Virgin. Already on the ceiling, above the barrel vault, there is a painting that represents two angels carrying what looks like a rosary, the work of Mateu Banús.
Also in the transept, but on the left wall, we can see, symmetrical to the Child Jesus of Prague, the image of San Francisco de Paula. In front of it is, also on a corbel, the image of San Blas. On the wall on this side we find the large painting that represents the Ascension of the Lord.
In the dome we can see eight paintings of Angels, the work of Fray Albert Borguny Castelló.
Already inside the presbytery, on the right wall, there is a painting that represents the Presentation of Jesus in the temple, also called the Purification of Our Lady.
On the ceiling, over the barrel vault and in the presbytery, there is a painting that represents the Annunciation of the Archangel Saint Gabriel to the Virgin Mary, the work of Mateo Banús.
The altar of this chapel is made of red jasper stone.