CHURCH OF SAN BARTOLOME
CHAPEL OF THE NAME OF JESUS
The Child Jesus that presides over the altarpiece is a polychrome wood carving. He is on a cloud with angel heads, he carries in his left hand the globe of the world crowned with a cross and with his right hand he seems to bless. It is an image to wear. His oldest dress is from 1893 and was given by Joaquim Coll. In 2013 Coloma Bibiloni Llabrés, a native of Sencelles, gave away a natural silk suit sewn by hand by herself. In 2014 Ángeles Albina Gregori Pons gave away the last the image has.
In the second body of the altarpiece we can see the image of Saint Martial carrying a book and a staff in his left hand and in his right two fish at the end of a thread. At his foot there is a plate with five loaves. According to tradition, Saint Martial was the child who brought the loaves and fishes to Jesus with which he performed the well-known miracle. He later became a bishop, hence the episcopal vestments.
On the right wall of the chapel we can see a painting of Cristo del Noguer, the work of Salvador Torres Sancho from 1848.
Just below this painting we see a marble tombstone that indicates that it is the place where the remains of the Servant of God Francisca Alcover Morell (Sóller, 1912-1954) are found. They were transferred from the Sóller cemetery to this chapel in 1999.